GTS employees work in a dynamic, fast-paced and family-oriented environment. Teamwork is key, and every voice matters. Competitive pay, a convenient location in Hudson, Ohio and quarterly performance pay are some of the advantages of being a GTS employee.
Additional benefits include:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Basic life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off & holidays
- First-year vacation
- Employee & client referral payouts
- Process improvement payouts
- Group discounts at local businesses
- Company-wide events
- Professional training
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Professional training
- Flexible schedule
- First-year vacation
- Professional offices
- Fast growing, local company
Employees are also offered an incentive compensation program based on meeting annual company-wide performance and profit goals.
Send your resume to:
GTS Human Resources
We are an equal opportunity employer.
TRANSPORTATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST – Entry Level
GTS is seeking an energetic, full-time Transportation Support Specialist in our routing center. The successful candidate will be responsible for dispatch support, proactive tracking of shipments, call support, providing shipping documents and updating our operating system.
0-2 years of related experience in transportation/freight management or call center experience is preferred. However, we will train the right candidate. Strong communication skills are required. The individual must be a team player, able to work in a fast-paced environment and possess strong computer skills.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVES
Inside Sales Representatives at Ascent Global Logistics sell trust, service, and value to the shipping community. They work with the support of a 100-person operation center and the full backing of an established and reputable company name, positioned to help them succeed.
The position will be responsible for generating revenue by building on customer relationships, converting prospect leads and re-engaging inactive clients to convert them into shipping clients and new revenue. The representative will maintain lead lists and activities in the marketing/CRM software and be accountable to report all call and conversion activity on a weekly basis. The representative will be responsible for facilitating quotes and enrollment paperwork along with generating any answers needed to win the business.
WHAT SUPPORT DO YOU GET FROM US?
- A great service team to sell to new clients by networking, cold calling, researching and building rapport
- An excellent track record of exceeding customer’s needs by creating long-term strategic goals and matching them with our service offerings
- Marketing and campaign support to feed you leads
- An existing client base to kick-start your career with Ascent Global Logistics
- Help from internal departments to resolve account discrepancies
The primary focus of this position consists of tracking all cash receipts and payments for cash forecasting and bank reporting, cash application, bank account reconciliation, preparation of related journal entries and month-end close. This role is also responsible for trade and carrier payables including coding for GL distribution and comparison to budget control sheets.
Additionally, this position will be cross-trained on daily invoicing, management reporting of shipments, revenue and gross margin for GTS, client reporting and carrier refunds and claim payment reconciliation. This position is a utility-player who can fill in as needed to support all AR and AP functions and handle special requests for client and carrier information as needed.
The successful candidate must exhibit excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and have the ability to communicate in a professional manner both verbally and in written form.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily posting of cash, tracking and reporting, and bank reconciliation
- Determine root cause of out of balance errors and recognize when posted activity needs further review before being finalized in general ledger
- Responsible for accounts receivable applications including cash, ACH and Credit Card processing
- Trade and Carrier payables, from GL coding to cutting checks
- Support Finance department where needed, for PTO coverage, and cross-training purposes
- Perform related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- General bookkeeping knowledge including account reconciliation, general & sub-ledger functions and posting AR and AP transactions
- Full understanding of Accounting practices and procedures
- Ability to quickly learn and use various software applications including MS Office, TMS and Sales software; experience with MAS accounting software and Crystal reporting a plus
- General knowledge of lock box and banking operations
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of the Transportation Industry a plus
- Skill in working independently, multitasking, prioritization of workload, and meeting deadlines
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two years Accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a high transaction environment while handling multiple interruptions
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work adjusted work schedule, and additional hours when needed
- Must represent the company in a professional manner both internally and externally
- Must be a “Team” Player
- Possess excellent follow up and organizational skills