LTL shipments are reserved for freight that weighs 5,000 lbs. or less. This is the most common form of shipping and is most-widely used by our customers.
When you schedule LTL shipments through us, you receive the benefits of our carrier negotiation, specialized industry knowledge & million-dollar buying power. We partner with carriers that are safe, reliable and financially stable. Our in-house routing center negotiates the best rates and routes on your behalf. We do the legwork of tracking shipments step-by-step so you maintain visibility and control.
Truckload shipments sometimes need specialization and can be affected by seasonal surges or last-minute requests. We take these variables into account when managing your freight, so you can be sure that our team will see each shipment through to fulfillment. If you like to track your own shipments, our proprietary online shipping services are available for you to monitor freight, review paperwork and generate BOLs.
Truckload shipments generally meet the following criteria:
- 4+ pallets
- 8+ linear feet
- 750+ cubic feet
- 5,000+ lbs.
- Enclosed trailers
- Reefer trailers
- Rail freight
- Double drop trailers
- Stretch trailers for oversized freight
Ascent Global Logistics moves critical shipments nationally and globally. Our team quotes, schedules and tracks special shipments that don’t meet standard schedule, weight and size restrictions of large package carriers. We walk with you back to front to identify areas of unique value that would otherwise be overlooked by big-name expediters.
Contact us when your expedited shipments:
- Have same-day delivery requirements
- Are time-sensitive
- Require transit times faster than standard LTL
- Require dedicated service (no transferring)
- Require air service
- Require high-levels of security
- 200+ carriers immediately available
- Same-day delivery, air charter and expedited ground
- Time- and day-specific options
- Direct service to and from all points in the U.S.
- Dedicated specialists in our routing center tracking shipments from pickup to delivery
- One consolidated weekly invoice
Air freight often goes hand-in-hand with expedite, but is also available for general cargo. We manage domestic and international shipments with delivery options including same-day, next-day and 3-5 days.
General cargo is acceptable in single packages, on pallets or skids, in containers or crates, or as consolidated shipments. Like our other services, air freight is customizable based on your needs.
Air freight service features:
- Fastest transit times
- Worldwide connections
- No weight or size restrictions
- Options for oversized and odd-sized shipments
- Online shipment management
International shipments are easy to coordinate through Ascent Global Logistics, with partners and affiliations in over 400 locations. Our custom, full-range freight forwarding includes the following services:
Ocean freight: Carriers are equipped with NVOCC certification, training, and updated technology to manage shipments traveling all parts of the globe. Our MidWestEXP and WestCoastEXP move your less-than-container load shipments.
Export: Access to major air & ocean export gateways as well as multiple export offices means all documentation needs and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) are handled properly.
Air freight: Premium freight options mean premium service. See our air freight service offerings.
Customs brokerage: Our customs brokers have decades of combined experience. Utilizing modern IT resources, your customs entries are processed with speed, accuracy and compliance.
MiSTAT visibility: iSTAT for imports and exSTAT for exports allows you to track and view shipment progress as well as create customizable reports online.
Cargo insurance: Carriers often limit their liability in the event of a loss. No carrier is obligated to pay for a loss that occurs beyond their control and is not directly caused by their negligence. Ascent Global Logistics will find you the most competitive rates and coverage for your shipments.
Warehousing/MMD: Our team will receive your freight, stage, store or cross-dock into domestic transportation while providing optimum fulfillment. Our warehouse option is C-TPAT certified with full perimeter security and I.D. card access controls.
There is great opportunity to save money within inbound shipping by simply gaining visibility. We work with you to develop requirements and coordinate communication. This brings visibility and speed to your inbound supply chain while managing transportation costs.
Our 5-step process:
- Documentation: We gather all inbound and vendor requirements.
- Communication: We manage the communication of all routing changes to your vendor network.
- Execution: We route your material directly with your vendors while keeping your timelines and costs in-line.
- Visibility: We provide reporting and shipment visibility, giving purchasing and receiving the tools they need to increase productivity.
- Compliance management: We work with your vendors to secure program compliance for maximum savings and efficiency.
Small parcel shipments are reserved for freight that weighs 150 lbs. or less.
If your small parcel expenses exceed $1 million annually and you ship an average of 2,000+ packages per week, you may benefit from our free small parcel analysis. Our analysis & auditing allows you to discover areas in your supply chain that could be improved for efficiency and savings.
Auditing includes a 3-step process:
- Carrier negotiation: Identify and realize a 5-20% savings directly to your bottom line within just 90 days.
- Weekly auditing/monitoring: Auditing and monitoring of carrier billing accuracy to identify potential credits from accessorials.
- Process improvements: We pair your current operational processes with data visibility to discover process improvements. Recommendations for increasing efficiency can mean hard and soft dollar savings for your company.
Our freight pay team monitors freight bill overcharges and duplications before your funds are released. Ascent Global Logistics customers benefit from cost savings and the ability to maintain control of their transportation expenses.
Freight pay services:
- Audit of every freight bill
- Consolidated weekly electronic invoicing
- Exception management
- GL (general ledger) allocation
- Value-added improvement reporting
- Continuous improvement analysis
We provide money-saving customization for each client, which includes several value-added services:
- Truckload with stops and volume load-to-ride
- Refrigerated truckload
- Flatbed, step deck and over-dimensional
- Intermodal and specialized rail flatcar
- Hazardous materials
- Drop trailers